Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 3 5 7

Python Eikon Set app id

Successfully installed Eikon Data API on my windows. But failed in taking my App ID.

My Eikon application is running. Not sure why it's causing the error.

ERROR:pyeikon:Error on checking port 9000 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=9000): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f532b2b1ba8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))
ERROR:pyeikon:Error on checking port 36036 : HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=36036): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/data (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f532b2d14e0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))
ERROR:pyeikon:Error: no proxy address identified.
Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@jess.xu
First I suggest you restart Eikon.
If the problem persists see if Eikon created file named .portInUse in %appdata%\Thomson Reuters\Eikon API Proxy\
If the file exists open it with a text editor and see what port number is written into this file.

It would also be helpful to know the version of Eikon you're running. You can check it by going to the main Eikon menu and selecting Help - About Thomson Reuters Eikon. The version number we're looking for appears at the top of the dialog box after the word "Desktop", e.g. I have Desktop 4.0.43 (4.0.43157).
Let's try this first and then I may suggest further troubleshooting if required.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
26 3 5 7

Hi @Alex Putkov.,

Thanks for your quick reply! It seems that the issue still exists after restarting the app. The port number in the file is 9000. And my version is Desktop 4.0.42(4.0.42144).

How should I further troubleshoot? Could I reach someone to remote into my desktop?

Thanks,

Jess

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@jess.xu
Thanks for providing the info. There's a couple more things I'd like to ask you to do.
First is to confirm that you're running your Python scripts on the same machine where Eikon is running. Then could you run "netstat -anb" as Administrator from the Command Prompt to verify all listening TCP ports? In the output I'm looking to see
TCP 127.0.0.1:9000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
[Eikonbox.exe]
which signifies that port 9000 on the localhost is owned by Eikonbox.exe process.
Finally could you create and check the following log file?
Set Trace Level of Thomson Reuters Desktop to Debug via the Logs tab in All Programs - Thomson Reuters - Configuration Manager.

Then shut down Eikon. Check that all Eikon*.exe processes terminated before starting Eikon again. After that please share your SxS log (SxS.<datetime>.<pid>.txt) which is in Eikon Logs path (%ProgramData%\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs\TRD\Eikon.<datetime>.<pid>).

If it starts properly, you should see:

[2018-02-27 03:30:40.423|prod]  (sxs-proxy) SxS Proxy init OK
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.425|prod]  (app) Start server...
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.443|dev]  (app) onStarted: 9000
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.462|prod]  (app) Write port file.
[2018-02-27 03:30:40.466|prod]  (app) API Proxy is listening to port: 9000
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks. I do not have the API proxy installed as I read that it has been integrated to the latest Eikon Desktop. When I run netstat... I see EIkonBox on port 8000 listening and it jumps to 9001. How can I change the API to look for port 8000 instead or is there another way. Thanks.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

I have the same problem here. I followed the instructions above and everything seems in line but I still cannot execute the python line.

ek.set_app_id.

icon clock
10 |1500

Is your Python script running on the same machine where Eikon is running? Or are you perhaps running JupyterLab on a remote server, which you access from your Windows box running Eikon through a browser?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.