question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 2 3

Using EMA API, Consumer application abnormally exited with error "TREP authentication token has expired."

Hi team:

Security level is low for my Machin ID. I accessed RRTO with EMA API, instead of Websocket API.

After ex450_MP_QueryServiceDiscovery example ran for about 4 hours, it exited with error:

State: Closed/Suspect/Timeout - text: "TREP authentication token has expired."

Questions:

1. As we known, there are refresh token and access token concept in RRTO. If EMA API is used in client side, does access token must be renew before it expires. If yes, which function should be invoked.

2. When security level of a MachineID is low, its refresh token should never expire. In this case, the consumer encountered the above error messenger and then exited, what actions should be done in the consumer side to avoid or fixed this issue.

3. Is there any best practices to avoid a consumer application throws the error messenger, "TREP authentication token has expired."

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @yujin.xu11,

EMA automatically takes care of refreshing the Access token before expiry (every five minutes or so). I tried running an example for 5 hours and did not have any issues. I was using the latest version of SDK. If you are not, please download and try with the most resent RTSDK.

As far as the security level of your ID is concerned - you will have to raise this with ops; we are unable to check/fix this. A refresh token for streaming users are not supposed to expire, but they do. I was told that if that happens, the ID has to be re-created for that user. Please raise a service ticket at my.refinitiv.com to get this fixed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.