question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 7 4 10

Waiting for service IDN_RDF UP. Item recovery in progress...

I am using RFA 8 java version. I got the below message after my login is accepted by my host. Login is successful I can see it in the log. After sending the item requests I received the below event. I don't see any traffic is dropping in the communication from my host. I don't think this is a firewall issue.

Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags:
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_STATE
State: OPEN, SUSPECT, NONE, "Waiting for service IDN_RDF UP. Item recovery in progress..."
AttribInfo
ServiceName: IDN_RDF
Name: 0#USAGENCY=TWEB
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Upvotes
Accepted
23 7 4 10

Lars@Addicticks

@chavalit.jintamalit

Issue Resolved. In the event queue, first of all I am receiving STATUS_RESP message event, so in the example code they are closing the request. When I commented this.closeRequest(); It is processing the next events Now I am getting my data.

if (respMsg.getMsgType() == OMMMsg.MsgType.STATUS_RESP)
{
// If receive STATUS_RESP, display the message and close the request
GenericOMMParser.parse(respMsg);
this.closeRequest();
}

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

Yeah, well. The SDK examples show you to fire off item requests before just about anything is ready. As everything in the API is asynchronous it means you can do things in (almost) any order, but it doesn't mean you should. Just my two cents.

In other words I suggest to wait for the directory response before you start firing off item requests. Otherwise you may for a short while see this message. The API doesn't yet know if the service is really up or down.

Another reason may be that TREP has lost upstream connectivity to the source app for IDN_RDF. But I'm leaning towards my first explanation. :-)

Lars

Addicticks

icon clock
10 |1500

Lars@Addicticks

Let me tell you what I am doing,

Modified service name, items, username in

C:\rfaj8.0.1.E2.all.rrg\rfaj8.0.1.E2.all.rrg\Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\quickstart\QuickStartConsumer and serverlist to my ADS server.

One way: I ran the

C:\rfaj8.0.1.E2.all.rrg\rfaj8.0.1.E2.all.rrg\QuickStart\QuickStartConsumer.bat and I am able to login and able send item requests and received all events.

Second way: I created maven project and moved all *.java files from above directory and ran the QSConsumer.java. here I am able to login and able send item requests and received the waiting messag

I don't understand what I am missing in my second way

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two scenarios (maven execute and non-maven execute). The situation I'm describing would be temporary, i.e. you would first receive the message as described in your original posting but then very shortly after this you would receive message with state OK. Are you saying it simply hangs and doesn't receive more messages?

Yes it simply hangs and not receiving any messages at all

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

On another note I'm thinking that you may also get some help by comparing your own results to that of TRexplorer.

TRexplorer is also based on RFA Java.

Step 1: Make sure Output Window is visible.

Step 2: When configuring your connection make sure message tracing is enabled.

Step 3: Connect

Step 4: Have a look in the Output window. You'll see all messages exchanged.

Now compare this with your own development. The answer is in the difference.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

You already confirmed that you received all the event.

So I think the session was not ready when you tried to put the item request.

// 4. Acquire a Session
        _session = Session.acquire( "myNamespace::consSession" );
        if ( _session == null )
        {
            System.out.println( "Could not acquire session." );
            Context.uninitialize();
            System.exit(1);
        }

Thread.sleep(5000);  // << wait for the session to be ready

// 5. Create an OMMConsumer event source
        _consumer = (OMMConsumer) _session.createEventSource(EventSource.OMM_CONSUMER, "myOMMConsumer", true);

If you add waiting period for it like the sample code above, you should not get the information message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @applicationdevelopment

This error can happen when the application makes an item request to a service that is not available (i.e. service down, or non-existing service),RFA will immediately respond with Open-Suspect status with the status text shown above.

To fix this problem, please contact

- your Thomson Reuters Account team if you connect to Thomson Reuters Server

or

-your server's admin if you connect to your company server.

to confirm if IDN_RDF is a correct service name and it is still up.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.