question

Upvotes
Accepted
32 4 9 13

Market depth level via MarketPrice

Hi,

I am consuming market depth via MMT_MARKET_PRICE message model and like to know how to process when a level is removed?

For example, if I process BEST_BID1... BEST_BID5 fields and let say level 5 bid has been removed, how is this delete indicated in the message? An example RIC is XU030Z6d.

treprfarfa-apimarket-depth
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

It depends on the venue. But in most cases, there won't be a message that directly indicate the delete.

For <XU030Z6d>, you will received new prices one by one.

For example, if BEST_BID5 was removed, then BEST_BID6 must be shifted BEST_BID5, and BID7 to BID6 and so on. So the feed will send BEST_BID5 that has the value of previous BEST_BID6 as the first update message, then BEST_BID6 in the next update and then BEST_BID7 etc..

For other venues, you can contact the data and content team via https://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Consider scenario where there are ONLY 5 depth in the actual market, I will see level data of BEST_BID1...5. Then last level is removed from the market. In this case, there is no level to shift up/down. How can I tell that level 5 has been removed?

Then you should received a blank BEST_BID5.

But think of it as the feed send an update to make your snapshot match market snapshot.

Hello @warat.boonyanit , we seem to have faced same problem. How do you represent a blank level? What values are carried on BID and ASK FID's?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.