question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 12 9 14

Migrating application from SSL to ETA; need data from RTL (Record Transaction Level) in IDN/MarketFeed

In the process of migrating an application from the SSL to ETA, I've discovered that some consumers of the data published by the application depend on the RTL field present in the IDN/MarketFeed messages 340, 316, 317, 312, and 318 (snapshot, update, correct, close, and verify) messages.

I previously asked (and received an excellent answer) a question about where to find the FIELD_LIST_NO data in the ETA messages.

I'm asking this question on the chance that the data for the RTL field published in the IDN/MarketFeed messages above is also present

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apimarket-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Joe.Ferraro

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @Joe.Ferraro

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

There is a parameter in ADS which determines if the Marketfeed's RTL will be converted to RWF's sequenceNo and vice versa.

! *ads*"${svc}"*seqNumFollowsMarketfeedRules : False
!#help
!    seqNumFollowsMarketfeedRules : { True, False }
!
!    This parameter determines if the RWF's sequenceNo should be set to the
!    Marketfeed's RTL during Marketfeed-to-RWF conversions. Also, if the RTL
!    should be set to the RWF's sequenceNo during RWF-to-Marketfeed conversions.
!
!    Default value: False

I have tested this parameter by publishing a number in MarketFeed's RTL and using UPA consumer to subscribe the data. UPA consumer is able to retrieve RTL from response message via the refreshMsg.seqNum, once the parameter is enabled.

It's possible that the parameter is not enabled on ADS which do Marketfeed-to-RWF conversion. You may try the seqNum in your environment and compare it with RTL retrieved from your SSL application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This response is not at all useful and I, the person who posed the question did NOT mark it as the best response (despite it being the only one). It solves the problem by answering a different question and has been marked as "accepted" WITHOUT answering the follow up question that would have made this answer useful by describing how and where exactly the above information can be used.

Upvotes
11 12 9 14

Is this a setting that can be made via an API call, or must the server be configured to do so?

If I log on to the console for the server (TSRC), can I see the setting there? if so, where?

Examination of the seqNum field shows that the values are always 0

icon clock
10 |1500

The RTL is optional field, so it is not always present in all RICs. Does SSL application receives RTL once it subscribes to the same service and item? Also, could you share the service and item name you are using?

@Joe.Ferraro

The setting can't be made via an API call. It must be configured in the ADS server.

This configuration is per service so you can verify it from the ADS configuration file, such as rmds.cnf. If it is enabled, you will see the following entry in the configuration file.

*DUMMY*seqNumFollowsMarketfeedRules : True

The DUMMY is my test service name. You can contact you server administrator to verify the configuration.

In conclusion, if RTL field is valid in the published messages and seqNumFollowsMarketfeedRules is true, ADS will convert it to seqNum field for RSSL connection.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.