question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 4

Keep getting RT_ITEM_STALE status when subscribing for live prices

I'm using the AdxRtList COM API in my C++ application to subscribe for market data. When I subscribe for prices for any given RIC code, I immediately get RT_ITEM_STALE status passed back to the listener. I'm making the same set of calls as in the AdxRtList example, which works fine, so I have no idea what could be causing the RT_ITEM_STALE status to be sent when I make the same calls within my application.

eikoneikon-com-apic++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Tristan

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 4

It looks like the issue was to do with my code not using the correct character encoding. When setting the source, my code was essentially only sending the first letter, resulting in RT_ITEM_STALE responses.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @Tristan,

I don't recall having seen the behavior you describe. At the risk of stating the obvious, if the example works as expected, the problem must be within your code. I'm afraid there's not much more I can add based solely on the information provided. Perhaps you might want to create a new project aiming at a simple example? If you can reproduce the issue with this simple example, you may want to post it here. And if you cannot reproduce the issue, it may help you figure out what you did differently in your current project.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Thanks @Tristan,

I'm glad you got it resolved.

Best regards from Thomson Reuters team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.