question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 4 3 5

NI Provider Example No Getting Login Response

Using RFAJ 7.4 example/..StarterProvider_NonInteractive - I do not get a Login Response.If, for the provider I provide the wrong DACS account, server or port, I receive an error. However, if all details are correct, I get the message stating that the service is up, but I never get a Connection event (via dispatch). A Consumer, using the same credentials generates/catches a Login event. The consumer works on both SSL and RSSL.

We have an RFAJ v5 Provider using SSL with a now deprecated API on the above credentials. This works too. Is their a bug in the example, or is these some special permissioning required for OMM Contributions?

treprfarfa-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Wasin Waeosri

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @anthony.leon

The possible reasons that causes StarterProvider_NonInteractive does not receive login response are listed below:

1. Improper RFA configuration. The RFA configuration should be:

- the connectionType is RSSL_NIPROV

- servereList and portNumber is ADH host and port. StarterProvider_NonInteractive connects to ADH not ADS that the Consumer application connects to as shown in the diagram below:

QuickStart NI-Provider is another example of NI provider. Hence, StarterProvider_NonInteractive has the same connection as QuickStart NI-Provider.

To get the correct ADH server/port/a valid user info, you should contact your ADH admin if you use company’s ADH. Otherwise, please contact Thomson Reuters Account team.

2. Firewall problem which does not allow send/receive message between StarterProvider_NonInteractive machine and ADH. Please contact your network admin to verify this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I was using RSSL, not RSSL_NIPROV. I now get a log-in response. This fixed it. Thanks for responding.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @anthony.leon

OMM Connection event is provided since RFA 7.5. Hence, you do not receive these events via RFA 7.4 even the application connects to ADH successfully. Anyway, After StarterProvider_NonInteractive RFA 7.4 gets successful login response, it can start publishes its service info(directory message) and data.

Moreover, RFA7.4 has been end of life. Please refer to API Compatibility Matrix that shows products compatibilities and the supported products. If you use MarketData interfaces(SSL) as well, you should upgrade to RFA7.6.1. If not, you should upgrade to RFA 8.0.1(only OMM interfaces are provided). Both versions can be downloaded at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-0/downloads

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.