question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 3

Update several RICS with one OmmConsumer.Submit()

Is it possible to impact more than one RIC using one OmmConsumer.Submit()?

I know the OMMHandleItemCmd object contains one handle and one Msg object. I am assigning one PostMsg object that contains an object AttribInfo() that specifies the service name and the RIC name (item).

Is it correct to deduce that one PostMsg object can impact at most one RIC?

Is there a different way to affect more than one RIC using one message?

treprfarfa-apiricsOMMbatch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14
@Christophe.Hannosset

A Submit() call can only post a message for only a RIC, so it is not possible to impact multiple RIC using one Submit() method called.

For On-Stream post, the posting affects the RIC that the input handle associates with.

For Off-Stream post, the posting affects the RIC that is specified in the Attribute Info of the post message.

The posting normally is to post 'content' to the TREP components' cache or insert/contribute 'content' to service provider (i.e. ATS). The content normally is different per RIC

Anyway, what is the information you want to post to affect more than one RIC?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.