question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Custom transport mechanism for RFA

The RFAJ_DeveloperGuide.pdf (section 2.1.1) states in that "RFA provides an application framework that allows for... access to different transport mechanisms".

How do you specify the transport mechanism? Is it possible to specify my own custom transport mechanism?

I would like to have my own custom transport mechanism so I can route to and from my own in-memory simulated version of RMDS, for stand-alone testing purposes.

Thanks!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This question is the same as the service cloud case 05173391: RFA Application Framework which is currently investing by TRDC.

It's me who is taking care of the service ticket. A conversation will be made via direct email to the customer. When the customer satisfies my answer, I'll copy it to the forum and ask the customer to accept the answer.

Anyway, I think I'll suggest the customer use Elektron Transport API (ETA).

Hi @Nipat Kunvutipongsak,

Any news about this case?

@Olivier DAVANT

It seems like using a local Provider-Consumer application (in RFA Java) is the accepted solution for this requirement.

However, the big problem that makes me decide not to post this information as the answer because there is a bug in RFA Java which requires a fix from Development team.

I have heard that the fix would come with a next regular maintenance release version in late Q2/early Q3.

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.9k 7 10 16

In my opinion, the transport mechanisms should be that RFA can support the various connection types i.e.

• TCP/IP
  • UDP Multicast
  • HTTP/HTTPS

In other hands, it means that RFA does not support a connection type other than the list above because it is beyond RFA capabilities.

Anyway, to simulate RMDS for testing purposes, it is similar to "customing an interactive provider application to provide dummy data to a consumer application".

However, there is a bug when doing this with RFA Java library version 8.0.0.L2 - 8.0.1.E3. With this direct connection of these type of applications (interactive provider-consumer), you might encounter a problem that a login request message arrives an interactive provider with 40 seconds delay (randomly). This problem should be fixed in the future maintenance release of RFA Java (probably in late Q2/earlyQ3).

To avoid this issue, you can use the library version 7.6.0.L1 instead or you can put an infrastructure (such as ADH-ADS or just ADS/POP mode) in-between the interactive provider and the consumer application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.