question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 7 4 12

MARKET_BY_PRICE no size

Im subscribed to tokyo exchange, and every now and then I get an ADD or UPDATE that has no size.

How should I interpret these?

EDIT-

So I get

OMMMapEntry.Action.ADD maps for various RICs, an example one from today is 5538.T. Specifically im using RFA java on an ELEKTRON feed. These adds updates, from what I can see, have mostly HC and SC tones. The size I refer to is the

ACC_SIZE and ORDER_SIZE fields in the DATA in the ADD map.

elektron-sdktreprfarfa-apijavamarket-by-price
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@RN, thank you for the updated information. However, the <5538.T> RIC seems not valid on both MarketPrice and MarketByPrice domain. My Elektron service returns "The record could not be found" message. Could you confirm the RIC name?

Also, can you attach full log of the data once the issue occurred?

umer.nalla avatar image   umer.nalla veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Hi veerapath,

Could the RIC only be available on Direct Feed? I had similar issues when helping a client using direct feed.

Hi Umer,

Thank you for your advice. Yes, the feed could be either RDFD or Elektron, so I have asked the client to confirm service in my first comment.

However, the client has updated that the feed is Elektron, so I just assume that the RIC is incorrect.

RN avatar image RN veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

An example I get from my logging is:

8185.T ADD, No Size for update. Size:,Price:3165.0,Side:1, key:31650000B, Tone:HC, DepthSize:

@RN

I have been subscribing to the 8185.T from Elektron service in my environment but still cannot find the MapEntry with "Add" action which has no size.

It seems that the issue occurs on random RIC. Could you enable the RSSL tracing in your application by setting ipcTraceFlags = 23 and specifying logFileName and then provide us the file once the issue reoccurs?

Show more comments

Hi @RN

Could you provide more information about the data?

- Which service you subscribe to? Elektron or TRDFD

- Sample of RICs and sample of data

- What's an 'ADD' ? I'm not familiar with that term.

- What object is it that has no size?

- Can you tag the question with the appropriate API, please. (eg RFA Java, RFA C++, etc)

@RN, Can you include some of the output your seeing in your question? Can you include a specific RIC that you are testing with?

Also, can you try using one of the RFA tutorials on our portal that demonstrates processing of level 2 data?

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@RN

I have found a list of the ORDER_TONE (3886) field's definition on page 22 of this document. The "S" in upper byte of the tone is "Special Quote", while "H" is "No Quote / Cancel", so I believe this behavior is directly related to the content definition.

I have submitted the case: 05214923 to Elektron data support team on your behalf to clarify the data.

order-tone.jpg (253.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

FID 4356 (order size) would be blank for quote before opening, special quote or sequential trade quote case. Also, it would be blank if quote is removed even general quote. Therefore your understanding is correct, that is one of FID 4356 (order size) blank case.

• “SC” Special quote/ middle of the book case, FID 4356 (order size) would be blank. But if would be updated too, if there is order.
  • “HC” case, no quote / middle of the book case, FID 4356 (order size) would be blank.
  • “AC” case, sequential trade quote / middle of the book case, FID 4356 (order size) would be blank.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.