question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 4 2 6

FieldIdNotFound for some fields using EMA

I am using an OmmConsumer to retrieve items from TREP. The OmmConsumer is quite standard and uses the default parameters, hence it downloads the dictionnary by itself.

When trying to retrieve items on ELEKTRON source, i have some fields for which the field mapping is not present.

I am accessing the FieldEntry of a RefreshMsg using RefreshMsg.payload().fieldList().

Some of those FieldEntry have the following:

- _rsslDictionaryEntry is null

- _toString value is: FieldEntry fid="6696" name="" dataType="Error" value="OmmError ErrorCode="FieldIdNotFound" OmmErrorEnd "

- loadType() is of type OmmError

Any idea why the dictionary is incomplete ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apielektron-data-dictionary
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Nipat Kunvutipongsak

@GAUTHIER.ROEBROECK

Can you provide which instrument (RIC) you are requesting?

Can you confirm which specific API you are using? Is it EMA Java?

Did you try your test with one of the quick start or tutorials?

thanks.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi,

One explanation is that your local Market Data team has not updated the Data Dictionary files on the server that you are connecting to.

Although I don't recommend you use local dictionaries in production, have you confirmed the app runs OK when using local dictionary files? This can be done by amending the EmaConfig.xml file to use DictionaryType:FileDictionary and ensuring the filenames for the RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def are configured with the correct path etc.

Once you confirm the app works fine with the local files, you should contact your market data team to confirm which versions of the dictionary files they have installed on the server you are connecting to.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, indeed the dictionaries are not up to date on server side.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.