For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

How to page results from extraction

I am doing a TimeSeriesExtraction with a File Code identifier but I only get the first 1000 resulting extraction rows. How do I page the results?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssextractionpage
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you show us the body of your request (including the File Code Identifier) ?

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @mans.tanneryd

Do you mean that you can get results only for first 1000 instruments in the instrument list?

It could be the limitation of the TimeSerie Pricing extraction type which is limited to 1000 instruments per extraction.

Below is from the DSS User Guide document.

restriction.jpg (258.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @mans.tanneryd

DSS supports Server-Driven Paging. Using Server-Driven Paging, the initial server response will include a nextlink (URI) that, when called, will return the next rows for that result set as well as another nextlink. If there are no more rows, the nextlink will not be returned. For more details, please refer to Server-Driven Paging Key Mechanisms.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

But I am doing a TimeSeriesExtraction and there is no nextlink url returned. The result set is simply truncated at 1000 rows. Are there any code examples where time series extractions on a file code uses paging somehow?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

According to Server-Driven Paging Key Mechanisms., "Resources or methods that support paging will have the "Paging" annotation with a boolean value of "true"". However, I have not found this in Metadata of TimeSeriesExtractionRequest:

<ComplexType Name="TimeSeriesExtractionRequest" BaseType="ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionRequestBase">
<Property Name="ContentFieldNames" Type="Collection(Edm.String)"/>
<Property Name="IdentifierList" Type="ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierListBase"/>
<Property Name="Condition" Type="ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ReportTemplates.TimeSeriesCondition"/>
<Annotation Term="Org.OData.Core.V1.Description" String="Extraction request for Pricing Data: Timeseries Pricing"/>
<Annotation Term="Org.OData.Core.V1.LongDescription" String="Retrieve historical prices for a specified date range or date. Supported Asset Types: CMO/ABS, Convertible, Corporate (High Yield), Corporate (Invest Grade), Equity, Futures and Options, Gov't/Agency, MBS, Money Market, Municipal, Mutual Funds."/>
</ComplexType>

It is possible that this operation does not support Paging.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
465 3 5 3

There is a limit of 1000 instruments for Time Series as Vereepath stated. The best way to ensure you are able to retrieve all the records is to control the StartDate and EndDate to retrieve a smaller set of data at once.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.