question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 4

RFA8 C++ Not Authorized Error

I am trying to use RFA8 C++ to establish an RSSL connection to our ADS server and create an OMM consumer. When I do this, my Client simply gets back an OMMItemEvent with MsgModelType MMT_LOGIN, RespType StatusEnum, and StatusCode NotAuthorizedEnum. This response also contains the status text "... unknown to system."

I am able to see prices in my Eikon program. I am specifying my Eikon username (user@company.com) in the MMT_LOGIN request's USER_NAME attribute. Why is my C++ program failing to authorize?

Is there any way to view/dump an RFA config file from Eikon (or from the Thompson Reuters Configuration Manager program) which shows the config params that I need to pass to my own RFA application? Any assistance would be appreciated.

treprfarfa-apiauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 4

This is fixed now. The problem was actually do to a programming error. I tried to pass a char* for the name. I should have first made a proper RFA_String:

Fail case:

attribInfo.setName("username1");

Success case:

rfa::common::RFA_String s("username1");
attribInfo.setName(s);
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

TREP <> Eikon.

You are being authenticated by your local onsite DACS system. How you have defined usernames in that system is decided by someone at your site (your local TREP admin). Most likely it is simply your Windows username. Try both lower and upper case.

icon clock
10 |1500

I have tried my Windows username (both lowercase and uppercase) and it still returns the same Unknown to system error message.

FYI, on the Permission tab of the Thompson Reuters Permission tab, I see the following congfiguration. Is there some way to translate this setting into my RFA ReqMsg attributes?

Permission Mode | Permission Mode: Permission Proxy
Permission Proxy | Port: 8261
DACS | User Name: <blank>
DACS | Position: <blank>
Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi ngm,

Please contact your market data administrator to get a valid DACS ID allowed to subscribe from your ADS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9
@ngm

As Gurpreet and Lars said, better way to resolve the issue, you have to contact your market data administrator or DACS admin who take care of your infra system to confirm the correct username which you can used to login to TREP. They can also provide you the information about the Items permission for the account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.