question

Upvotes
Accepted
69 11 20 19

TRTHv1 Intraday 1sec accepting more identifiers

Maybe you can also help me with this one. The TRTHv1 request with all the same fields ect is working fine. In DSS i get the follwoing error response. Can you please explain the reason to me? It is for us very important to have an equivalent request mode in DSS. Otherwise the whole interface is at risk.

Request:

{"ExtractionRequest":{"@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryIntradaySummariesExtractionRequest","ContentFieldNames":["Last","Volume"],"IdentifierList":{"@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList","InstrumentIdentifiers":[{"Identifier":"IT101761592=","IdentifierType":"Ric"}]},"Condition":{"MessageTimeStampIn":"GmtUtc","ReportDateRangeType":"Range","QueryStartDate":"2017-01-09T23:00:00.000Z","QueryEndDate":"2017-01-10T22:59:59.999Z","SummaryInterval":"OneSecond","DisplaySourceRIC":true}}}

Response:

{"IdentifierValidationErrors":[{"Identifier":{"Identifier":"IT101761592=","@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Content.InstrumentIdentifier","UserDefinedIdentifier":"","UserDefinedIdentifier2":"","UserDefinedIdentifier4":"","IdentifierType":"Ric","UserDefinedIdentifier3":"","UserDefinedIdentifier6":"","Source":"","UserDefinedIdentifier5":""},"Message":"Not found"}],"@odata.context":"https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#RawExtractionResults/$entity","JobId":"0x0594949d6b0b3016","Notes":["All identifiers were invalid. No extraction performed."]}

tick-history-rest-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.1k 5 3 5

Without offering a ValidationOptions object with AllowHistoricalInstruments set to True in your IdentifierList, you get a default ValidationOption where all optiond are False. You can instead set the UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions to True to have the API call defaults to your stored User Preferences, but your account does not have the "Allow Import of Historical Instruments" option ON.

See: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi.Help/Context/Operation?ctx=Extractions&opn=ExtractRaw&grp=On%20Demand%20Extraction

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thx! I will have a look at that. Anyway, I need a way to get this RICs working in on demand requests and without any user specific settings. It has to work out of the box for all our customers. Can you provide more details how to enable processing of such RICs/instruments in the request itself?

My initial comments are about parameters you add to the call, and then anyone that models their calls after your call (follows your example call) will get the same results.

I added the AllowHistoricalInstruments parameter to the request. DSS is accepting the request not. I will now check the results in detail. Thx so far!

Am I right that this additional validation options are generic for all request using an IdentifierList?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.