Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

expired RICS in the api

I want to get time series data for some futures contracts that are expired. Taking the example in the 'rules2' dialogue box, zbu4^0, i want to download the time series history for this instrument. When i try this in the api, i get an error/not found. my goal is to download the last 10 years of contracts for brent crude (LCO) and WTI crude

secondly, I wish to download the sectors for a list of equity tickers. Can you advise what methods I use?

lastly, in downloading the time series for a list of equity tickers, i notice that the adjusted close is not displayed, only the actual close, how do i get adjusted close?

#contenthistoricalequitiesfuturesprice-history
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nelson.peace ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@nelson.peace

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@nelson.peace

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For the first question, please refer to the Reconstructing RICs for expired futures contracts article which demonstrates how to reconstruct expired futures for the purpose of getting historical prices.

For the second question, you use the Data Item Browser tool to search for the fields that can provide the requested data. For example, the TR.TRBCEconomicSector field returns the Refinitiv Business Classification Economic Sector Description.

df = rd.get_data(
    ['AAPL.O','CART.O'],
    ['TR.TRBCEconomicSector'])
df

1699331976730.png

For the last question, the get_history method of the Refinitiv Data Library for Python supports the adjustments parameter that tells the system whether to apply or not apply CORAX (Corporate Actions).

get_history(universe: Union[str, Iterable[str]], fields: Union[str, Iterable[str], NoneType] = None, interval: Union[str, NoneType] = None, start: 'OptDateTime' = None, end: 'OptDateTime' = None, adjustments: Union[str, NoneType] = None, count: Union[int, NoneType] = None, use_field_names_in_headers: bool = False, parameters: Union[str, dict, NoneType] = None) -> pandas.core.frame.DataFrame
    Retrieves the pricing history, as well as Fundamental and Reference data history.

Parameters
    ----------
    adjustments : str, optional
        Tells the system whether to apply or not apply CORAX (Corporate Actions)
        events or exchange/manual corrections or price and volume adjustment
        according to trade/quote qualifier summarization actions to historical time
        series data. Possible values are:
        exchangeCorrection, manualCorrection, CCH, CRE, RTS, RPO, unadjusted,
        qualifiers

1699331976730.png (5.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

1. where can i find the fields for the dataframe that gets returned. I cannot see this in the docs
2. what is the field for the close price on futures, the dib tool has so many close prices. simply using tr.closeprice does not actually pull values (they are na) on dates in the price history (on the desktop app) where close prices existed. (pls sanity check this yourself so you see what I mean)

icon clock
10 |1500

@nelson.peace

Please share the code that you are using.

This forum is more for programming type queries, rather than content queries. You can contact the helpdesk support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify the content or get fields for the required data.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.