question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 1 5

callback in VBA relies on application.enableevents being set to true

Hello,

i just found out that the callback mechanism relies on application.enableevents being set to true in excel/vba.

that's why i'm asking you to provide me with an efficient synchronous query mechanism.

in sophisticated excel/vba tools, users often need to set the enableevents to false.

callback is very good in multithreaded(actor) languages like c#/java/scala... but not very convenient in excel/vba when users do need to do certain synchronous batch query.

Please provide me a good sample of how to efficient synchronous query in vba asap.

thank you very much,

jude jin

eikoneikon-com-apicallback
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jude.x.jin

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @jude.x.jin,

I'm afraid you are mistaken. Please see my response to your comment on the original thread.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/11185/how-can-i-use-the-comvba-api-in-batchnon-callback.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.