question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 15 18

Download Dictionary and Load data using RFA

Hello,

Am having problems co-ordinating the order in which events are processed by the API. On start up, I want to be able to login, and download dictionary from the server. Thereafter, I can then start sending requests.

I have followed the example in BatchItemView and DictionaryDemo in the provided example and I can't seem to make this work.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

treprfarfa-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @josa

Please use the initialization order:

Login request issue ->

<-Login response parse

Directory request issue ->

<-Directory response parse

Dictionary request issue ->

<- Dictionary response parse

Item request issue->

<!- Item response parse

The DictionaryDemo example in RFA Java SDK can be used as a basis for your implementation of the initialization, including the downloading and parsing of the dictionary; and when the app is ready to issue the item requests, you can request them via Batch/View, using BatchVew Demo as an example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @zoya.farberov. Can I use the same event handle for all the requests in the initialization order or just indicators to determine when each of them is completed?

@josa

Yes, you can register the same event handler, in it, you will be able to classify each event by the model type and process it accordingly.

Please make sure to wait for the successful response, before requesting the next step. For example, make sure the directory response is back, and the service available, before requesting any items from the service.

Thanks @zoya.farberov.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.