question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 12 13 15

Is there any unique identifier for a certain update of a RIC?

Hi , Client ask asking : is there any unique identifier for a certain update of a RIC ?

As the client is using 2 APPs connect to separate EEDs, the want to compare the time stamp of the updates received through 2 APP, So an unique identifier would help them to sort out the correct updates through 2 APPs. Thank you!

treprfarfa-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As your query should be related to RFA, Alpha was not the right forum.

I moved it to this TREP APIs/RFA group.

Kind regards,
AHS

Hi @jessie.lin. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

@jessie.lin

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @jessie.lin,

I agree with Umer,

The combination of fids to look at for matching would differ by market and sector, and would encompass seqnums, timestamps and type-specific ids.

For example, for NASDAQ equity, such as MSFT.O

I am looking at trades, identified by:

SEQNUM, TRDTIM_MS, and TRADE_ID

And I am looking at quotes, identified by

SEQNUM_QT and QUOTIM_MS and ORDRECV_MS

In terms of the approach, in the updates received, you will find the specific key fids that should allow to uniquely match your specific specific data content.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jessie.lin

This sounds more like a data / content question.

So, please post example RICs and Asset Class + Exchange for the type of RICs that the client is interested in comparing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.