question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 3

Auth configuration on ADS to allow EWA WebSocket connection

What's the authentication config on ADS to allow EWA websocket connection?

Thanks.

Jun

refinitiv-realtimewebsocketsADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jun.ma Please be informed that I have moved the question to the appropiate "TREP APIs/CAT" forum.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hi @jun.ma,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

@jun.ma

Did you set the valid DACS user into the connection function? Basically, the ADS lets you enable/disable authentication via the *ads*dacs*featureEnabled : <True or False> parameter only. Could you please give me a snippet of code that call EWA connect function?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @jun.ma

You need to input the following authentication information into the EWA's connect() function

• name: Your user name/DACS ID that has been set in the DACS server
  • nameType: must be 3
  • applicationId: your application identifier
  • applicationName: your application name
  • position: name or IP address of a particular machine and display

Example code:

sess.connect({
   name:'wasin',
   nameType:3,
   applicationName:'EWA App',
   applicationId:'777',
   position:'10.1.51.10',
   url: <ADS IP>,
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, @wasin.waeosri. I am aware of the parameters setup. The problem we have right now is, when trying the connection to our ADS, there is always an 20111 error, saying "authentication token was not authorized or not present." So i think there is a problem in our ADS config file. Any suggestions, which switch in ADS config file or other config file controls the token authentication? -Jun

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

I found my problem, may be this can help others.

I got ADS "authentication failed or token not found" error on EWA side due to incorrect value for the "position" field in the request. I switched to use the standard "1.1.1.1/net" as the value of "position", then connect is okay.

Jun

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.