question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 3

Posting using OMM consumer

Posting using OMM consumer

Hi developer community

I'm using right now the RFA 7.6 java API. I'm trying to create an OMM consumer which will contribute prices to an ADH.

I'm using an off stream contribution (using login session), and then I'm trying to post messages.

Assuming that I'm contributing to a service X with a RIC Y, in each contribution (initial one or the updates), I’m using those parameters:

payloadOMMMsg.setMsgType(OMMMsg.MsgType.POST); 
payloadOMMMsg.setIndicationFlags(OMMMsg.Indication.POST_INIT | OMMMsg.Indication.POST_COMPLETE);

The problem is that in the ADH, I'm seeing the number of active contributor incrementing on each updates, and in the logs, it seems that my RIC is created each time, meaning that the updates are not handled by the first RIC created. Could you explain me what I missed?

My goals is to contribute on a specific RIC Y, if it exists that’s cool, if not, the ADH should create it, after that, I should send price update to this specific RIC using OMM posting. How can I do that if my last approach is wrong?

Regards,

treprfarfa-apiOMMposting
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @haytham.feki-ext

What are you seeing in the log to indicate the record is being created each time?

Have you confirmed this by consuming the Post record?

e.g. Post to Record Y initially with several Fields and then post again with only a subset of those Fields.

Consume the record after the 1st post and confirm all the fields are present. After the 2nd post confirm that it did not remove (or blank) the Fields that were only present in the first Post.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the quick response,

I did not jave access to logs right now, our architecture team has left. I will post tomorrow the logs, and will try your approch.

Give you the feedback tomorrow.

Thanks a lot :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.