Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Hi, do you have any APIs for python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @roshan.suddhoo,

What you're looking for is this:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/tr-eikon-scripting-apis-eap-limited-access

Unfortunately it's not launched yet, but it is going Beta in a matter of weeks. Once in Beta this API will be available to all Eikon users. The full launch is planned in the middle of the year.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot for this. Will we be informed when the beta version is launched?

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @roshan.suddhoo,

It's difficult to answer your question without context. Thomson Reuters has numerous APIs that can be used in Python, and these APIs provide very different capabilities. It would be helpful to start by defining in a few words what you'd like to do with the API. I.e. what kind of application (desktop, enterprise) you'd like to build, and what type of data (market data, fundamental and reference data, timeseries) you'd like your application to consume.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Alex.

I simply want to query Eikon via python on an ad-hoc basis in order to load in prices (for example: "GBP="), feed these into my signals and generate some statistics.

So, basically, I am looking for a 1-liner to get the history of "GBP=" into python.

Thank you,

Roshan

Upvotes
18 2 2 6

This is great! Many of the providers are going this route - for example:

import quandl
mydata = quandl.get("FRED/GDP")
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.