For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Authorisation setup for World Check API for a simple client(like SOAP UI)

Hello,

After having read through the security page and the various posts in dev forum, I am no where close to what I need to get a properly authenticated request/response.

My understanding of the Authorisation setup is that:

1. requires keyID in the header.

2. requires a header field called signature containing the secret and the base64encoded SHA1 has of the key.

I know I am missing something but needed an answer which is implementation language agnostic as we are not using any generic language but a different application to call the API.

Easiest way would be if I could get this working from SOAP UI, that will give me an idea on its implementation in my application.

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Asked an Expert (biran.bourgault) to provide more information on client's reply.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hi @sushil.suresh. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Hello @sushil.suresh,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @sushil.suresh,

I just posted an example that should be helpful...

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @sushil.suresh,

I suggest you download the Postman collection from the developers portal.

Once you have that working (it should just work "out-of-the-box" ) then you can use the Code (Generate Code Snippet), it has generated code for several languages over 20 in all... that should help you...

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thanks Brian.

The main confusion I have is that it requires Authorization header field containing a full set of details which is Signature(keyword) keyID="client key", algorithm, headers, signature="base64encode of client secret". Should this all be under one header called Authorization?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Got my GET Operations working(just needed to translate the sample code into the language we are using). Not a lot of luck with Post even after adding content-length and the actual content in Signature. I will update here once I get my Post working!!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.