For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 3

blank item in field 317 (ROW80_3)

hi

we are receiving data from reuters CBQ feed, by Elektron SDK.

here are some data we received.

for RIC : 0079bk.HKd

the number like '9094', '8760' are broker number.

string '-1s', '-6s', '+8s', '+12s' mean 'Spread', for buy/sell

question :

what's does these blank items ( I added red rectangle) mean???

thanks.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
pic2.jpg (144.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dtop

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

I'm not expert on this content query. I understand that there is no price for that spread level in the Market Depth so the broker ID for that spread is blank.

Below is the market depth of this RIC (retrieved from 0079.HKd). For this RIC, the spread level should be 0.01 and the best BID for this RIC was 0.82. As you see, the market depth doesn't contain the BID price of the 5s (0.770), -6s (0.760), -7s (0.750) spreads.

marketdepth.jpg (105.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.9k 7 10 16

Hi @dtop,

As I've received this similar question in the past, I'd like to quote the answer from Data/Content team as follows:

Each 4-digit numeric number represent the broker ID of brokers in the order queue with orders of the best bid/ask price minus/plus 'n' spread(s). Read the order queue from the left column vertically. "+1s,-2s,+3s etc" represent the spread. The brokers Broker ID after e.g. '-1s' are brokers with best price minus one spread, after '-2s' are broker with best price minus two spreads. 

Referring to the result attached, I think that broker(s) of the particular spreads are empty, which are as follows:

• BID: -5s, -6s, -7s, -9s, -11s, -13s, -15s, -17s and -19s
  • ASK: +1s, +8s, +11s, +12s, +15s, and +16s

Here this is the other useful information for Hong Kong Equities:

• You can look up broker's information via HKBS<xx> page (e.g. HKBK01, HKBK02...)

• An HK/CHAR1 page will give you a basic RIC name convention.

Hope this helps.

hkbk01.png (234.5 KiB)
hk-slash-char1.png (283.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.