question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Error Message : DecodeDateTime() failed: from Received serviceName: ELEKTRON_DD

Hi :

I got a error message "DecodeDateTime() failed: <INCOMPLETE_DATA>" when I retrieved real-time data feed. Below as runtime environment by my side.

1. Client OS : CentOS 7
  2. Elektron SDK - Java - LATEST VERSION Used : Elektron-SDK1.0.8.java_0
  3. Java Command : java -classpath "./bin:../../Libs/upaValueAdd.jar:../../Libs/upa.jar" com.thomsonreuters.upa.examples.consumer.Consumer -h 172.17.17.18 -uname rmds -s ELEKTRON_DD -mp .DJI

Attached file as whole messages from a runtime console of CentOS7.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-api
console.txt (4.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Fan Tony

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.9k 7 10 16

I can reproduce the problem with the FD-ish dictionary files.

Could you change the current dictionary files to RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def in Eta/etc which were distributed together with the Elektron SDK package?

These default dictionary files should fix this problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.9k 7 10 16

Hi @Fan Tony ,

I've tried to subscribe to <.DJI> using ETA Java's Consumer example, however, this problem didn't persist in my application (see my log attach). console-and-debug.zip

Can you add '-x true' to the running command, which is a debugging parameter and restart the application again?

Example:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_51\bin\java.exe" -classpath D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\bin;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\ema.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Eta\Libs\upa.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Eta\Libs\upaValueAdd.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\apache\commons-configuration-1.10.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\apache\commons-lang-2.6.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\apache\commons-logging-1.2.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\SLF4J\slf4j-1.7.12\slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar;D:\Workspace\elektron_sdk_java\Ema\Libs\SLF4J\slf4j-1.7.12\slf4j-jdk14-1.7.12.jar com.thomsonreuters.upa.examples.consumer.Consumer -x true

Anyway, this problem might relate to data as well. Would you also tell me the time when you got this problem, so I will try to test it at the same time frame and let you know the result?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi Nipat Kunvutipongsak :

Appreciate for your suggestion, Attached file "console_debug.txt" is run-time log which I add parameter "-x true" to run Java command.

Attached file "fdmenumtypes.zip" includes 2 files "FDMFixFieldDictionary" and "FDMenumtypes.def" that they are defined in a class com.thomsonreuters.upa.examples.consumer.DictionaryHandler's fields "FIELD_DICTIONARY_FILE_NAME" and "ENUM_TABLE_FILE_NAME".

I think that something wrong are relate to these 2 files.

Regards,

Tony Fan

console-debug.txt (23.8 KiB)
fdmenumtypes.zip (45.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

I've tried to subscribe to <.DJI> at PM 2:34 on 3/14.

You can also let the consumer application try to download data dictionary from ADS by removing the dictionary files from your current working directory.

If the consumer application cannot locate the files, it will then download data dictionary from ADS.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

I change my root path to /Eta/etc, and then everything is ok.

Thanks a lot for your support and suggestion.

Regards,

Tony Fan

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.