question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Please help me create a prod config? Your EmaConfig.xml example has many sections we don’t need. I want to subscribe to level 1 data only (Quotes, trades & status updates), uncompressed. Our app will be derived of your 370__MarketPrice__Batch example.

This question is on behalf of the client: GParlamas@arxiscapital.com

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtapielektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @shean.rhoden,

As your question is EMA related, I moved it to the EMA discussion forum.

Olivier for AHS

Hello @shean.rhoden,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
942 8 9 13

Hi @shean.rhoden

Try the one copied below. It works fine with my EMA java examples. I didn't try it with the 370__MarketPrice__Batch example but it should work the same. You can probably simplify it even more and rely on EMA default values, but I find it simple enough as it is.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<EmaConfig>
<ConsumerGroup>
	<DefaultConsumer value="Consumer_1"/>
	<ConsumerList>
		<Consumer>
			<Name value="Consumer_1"/>
			<Channel value="Channel_1"/>
			<Dictionary value="Dictionary_1"/>
		</Consumer>		
	</ConsumerList>
</ConsumerGroup>
<ChannelGroup>
	<ChannelList>
		<Channel>
			<Name value="Channel_1"/>
			<ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_SOCKET"/>
			<CompressionType value="CompressionType::None"/>
			<GuaranteedOutputBuffers value="5000"/>
			<ConnectionPingTimeout value="30000"/>
			<TcpNodelay value="1"/>
			<Host value="YOUR_ADS_IP_OR SERVER_NAME_GOES_HERE"/>
			<Port value="14002"/>
			<XmlTraceToStdout value="0"/>
		</Channel>
	</ChannelList>
</ChannelGroup>
<DictionaryGroup>
	<DictionaryList>
		<Dictionary>
			<Name value="Dictionary_1"/>
			<DictionaryType value="DictionaryType::ChannelDictionary"/>
		</Dictionary>		
	</DictionaryList>
</DictionaryGroup>
</EmaConfig>
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.5k 5 6 7

No matter what API you are using the minimum required information in order to connect to TREP (or directly to Elektron feed) is the following:

• Server List (or only a single server name), i.e. the server(s) you want to connect to. Port number is optional. Defaults to 14002.
  • DACS username

Everything else is optional in the general scope, although this particular example application (don't know it) may force you put a value for lots of irrelevant stuff.

Good luck.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
426 2 4 4

The EmaConfig.xml file comes with the example contains several groups. If you are just implementing a consumer application, you don't need "NiProviderGroup", "IProviderGroup" and "DirectoryGroup" groups in the sample configuration file. In addition, The sample configuration file has multiple elements in each of the groups to demonstrate different scenarios. Each group needs minimally one element but depend on the requirements of the application, it may have more then one elements. For instance, if the application need to consider channel fail-over situation then it should specify two channels in the ChannelGroup and list the channels in the "channle" argument of the "consumer" element in the ConsumerGroup.

Please take a look at the EMA Configuration guide. It has very clear detail explanation of all the configuration elements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.