question

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

JET.js API onUpdate never firing.

Occasionally, we've since instances where specific users do not receive update from their JET.js subscriptions. For example, we'll subscribe to a specific quote and the onUpdate call will never call on one machine, but will be called quite often on a different machine.

Originally, we thought this could be an issue with our subscription code. However, we've noticed that other applications are affected by this --- including Thomson Reuters own JET.js API Demo app under the Developer menu. If we're seeing this issue in our app, we're also seeing it in the demo app.

Does anyone know what is causing this and, more importantly, how to recover? We've tried restarting, logging out, etc, but nothing seems to consistently work.

eikoneikon-app-studiojet
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @gcupps,

When the issue occurs, could you see if Quote app can display the same RIC?

Hi @gcupps,

It seems to be a machine-specific issue. What are differences between the machine that you encounter the error and other machines (e.g. chrome version)?

Also, Eikon can still retrieve data in both scenarios' machines, am I correct?

gcupps avatar image gcupps Nipat Kunvutipongsak

Yes, Eikon can still retrieve data in both scenarios. As for Chrome, I believe both machines have automatic updates enabled, but I'll confirm. (When I checked the About Eikon screen, all of the information was identical --- including OS)

I believe the Quote app can display the same RIC, but I'll check the next time we see the issue.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @gcupps

I'm afraid the only way we can make progress investigating this issue is if we can reproduce it. It's rather impractical to try replication through this forum, and we're not likely to succeed. I suggest you work with the Developer Advocate resource that's been assigned to your App Studio project from Thomson Reuters to replicate the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.