For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Can we get the "cross scaling factor" in the "end of day" template in DataScope Select?

We are currently retrieving end-of-day exchange rates using the "end of day" template in DataScope Select. In this template there does not seem to be a factor available to recalculate the rates which need this (e.g. VNDEUR=R returns 4, while the real rate is 0.00004, because the scaling factor is 100000).

The cross scaling factor field does exist, but only in the Intraday template. We cannot use this template because 1) this does not return the end-of-day rates and 2) these rates are not confirmed by TR.

Is there a field in the end-of-day template that contains the scaling factor? or is there a way to retrieve the factor together with the same call?

I did have contact with the TR helpdesk and their solution was to do it with 2 calls, one to the "end of day" template to get the exchange rate, and a second one to the intraday template to get the scaling factor. This would double the time we need to run our app. According to them, the scaling factor is not stored with their historical data which is used for the "end of day" template.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsserrorpricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
648 5 4 6

For FOREX market you will need to use Intraday template for scaling factors, since FOREX market operates 24 hrs a day and it doesn't make sense to include this field in EOD template.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Why doesn't it make sense?

If the EOD template returns 4 for VNDEUR=R, I don't know it means 0.00004 without a scaling factor. A second reason is that for historical data, the scaling factor might change over time (because of inflation e.g.). If you don't get a scaling factor together with the date and rate, you don't know the exact value.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
648 5 4 6

Hi Bert,

You will have to do two way extraction as suggested by helpdesk, also note scaling factors are not changed frequently for any cross rates RICs, if any changes then they will be communicated by Content Notification. Please monitor the Content Notification Changes at www.my.thomsonreuters.com

Thanks,

Nityanand

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Thanks for the confirmation.

In the meantime, I got an extra mail from the helpdesk. They understand my issue and "have raised a content enhancement request with our data team, asking them, if it is possible to add the field "Cross scaling Factor" in DSS End of Day template"

But it can take months to implement the solution, if they decide to do so...

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.