question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 0 1 3

Do you have an example on how to use : " rtmesBuffer" ? RMTES Decoder EMA provides a built in RMTES decoder. If desired, application may cache RmtesBuffer objects and apply all the received changes to them

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apijavaconsumer
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hello @arnaud.mazzucco

This is EMA question so I have moved it to Elektron/EMA.

AHS

@arnaud.mazzucco

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

This is Elektron SDK Java bug in RmtesBuffer.apply(..) method. The bug has been fixed in version 1.1.0. The fixed package can be downloaded at Downloads page of Elektron SDK Java

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi,

Have you checked out the example 310 MarketPriceRmtes?

C+ folder: Ema\Examples\Training\Consumer\300_Series_Examples\310__MarketPrice__Rmtes?

Java folder:

Ema\Src\examples\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\consumer\series300\example310__MarketPrice__Rmtes

It extracts a RMTES_STRING type field and applies it to a RmtesBuffer.

Hope that helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @arnaud.mazzucco

EMA Java provides example310__MarketPrice__Rmtes application located in <Elektron SDK Java pakckage>\Ema\Src\examples\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\consumer\series300\example310__MarketPrice__Rmtes. The application showcases processing of RWF RMTES_STRING data type by using RmtesBuffer interface.

The example of the application's output:

Received Update. Item Handle: 1 Closure: 0
Item Name: N2_UBMS
Service Name: API_ELEKTRON_EPD_RSSL
Fid: 264 Name = BCAST_TEXT DataType: Rmtes Value: 株式会社エスプール: 平成29年11月期  第1四半期決算短信〔日本基準〕(連結) (Completed):  <2471.T>

Received Update. Item Handle: 1 Closure: 0
Item Name: N2_UBMS
Service Name: API_ELEKTRON_EPD_RSSL
Fid: 264 Name = BCAST_TEXT DataType: Rmtes Value: DJ Eurex Interest Rates Futures Hourly Price Update

For more details of RmtesBuffer interface, please refer to <Elektron SDK Java pakckage>\Ema\Docs\refman\emajava\com\thomsonreuters\ema\access\RmtesBuffer.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 0 1 3

For instance I am trying to use rmtes buffer for ric : 66380bk.HKd on ELEKTRON_DD :
This is what I receive from the refreshMsg :

fid="316"name="ROW80_2"dataType="Rmtes"value=" BID ASK fid="317"name="ROW80_3"dataType="Rmtes"value=" 9705 -5s | 9705 fid="318"name="ROW80_4"dataType="Rmtes"value=" -1s 9053 | +1s fid="319"name="ROW80_5"dataType="Rmtes"value=" 9705 9705 | 9705 fid="320"name="ROW80_6"dataType="Rmtes"value=" 2310 | +2s fid="321"name="ROW80_7"dataType="Rmtes"value=" -2s | fid="322"name="ROW80_8"dataType="Rmtes"value=" | +3s fid="323"name="ROW80_9"dataType="Rmtes"value=" -3s | fid="324"name="ROW80_10"dataType="Rmtes"value="" | +4s fid="325"name="ROW80_11"dataType="Rmtes"value="" -4s | 9705 fid="326"name="ROW80_12"dataType="Rmtes"value="" 8130 |

But the updateMsg is like this :

fid="319" name="ROW80_5" dataType="Rmtes" value="69705"

It means that I don't receive a filed update, just a few characters => I can't rebuild the field and check what has been updated.

Do you have a solution for this Kind of issue ? The buffer does not work for that, ot the usage you show in the example does not address my issue.

Thansk a lot

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @arnaud.mazzucco

Please see my response in the email.

umer.nalla avatar image   umer.nalla pimchaya.wongrukun01

Hi @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

I cant see your response below.

I am not able to test this here because I don't see any updates on the RIC mentioned by the user. Do you have any other similar active RICs which use RMTES and do partial updates?

Thanks.

Hello Umer,

I modified example120__MarketPrice__FieldListWalk as the attached file and tested with 2899bk.HKd

class AppClient implements OmmConsumerClient
{
TreeMap <Integer, RmtesBuffer> rmtesMap = new TreeMap <Integer, RmtesBuffer>();

Show more comments
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arnaud.mazzucco

So, just to be clear - are you maintaining a unique instance of RmtesBuffer for each Field (for each RIC if consuming multiple RICs) and then using apply() method to update the corresponding instance of the RmtesBuffer as and when an update arrives for that particular field (for that RIC)?

And once you apply() the update, you then extract the string from the RmtesBuffer to get the full field for display purposes?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 0 1 3

Yes, exactly!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arnaud.mazzucco

I understand my colleague has been in contact with you directly.

Just to confirm that this appears to be an issue with EMA Java and a fix request has been raised.

Regards,
Umer

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.