question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

How can I use the .NET API in batch(non-callback) query mode?

Hello,

I'm trying to do batch queries to retrieve Time Series data in non-interative non-callback mode.

I have not found any example on how to do this. all documentation and samples are showing callback interactive mode.

Please help me asap.

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api.netsynchronouscallback
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Have a look at the attached, the usage is:

new BulkDataRequestSetup()
             .WithRics("LCOc1", ".SPX")
             .WithFields("CLOSE", "TIMESTAMP")
             .WithInterval(new Interval(IntervalType.Daily, 1))
             .WithNumberOfPoints(100)
             .OnDataReceived(DataReceivedCallback)
             .OnStatusUpdated(StatusUpdatedCallback)
             .CreateAndSend();

Should solve the 'batch' bit.

bulkdatarequestcs.txt

You can write a wrapper around this that will give you a synchronous result. Are you working on a Console application?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for answer, Zhenya!

But i want something different.

I want to create a service that will work on a computer with reuters eikon app. Then i want to send a soap-request from another computer to this service and receive a synchronous reply.

the call is as follows:

public class ReutersService: IReutersService
{
   public TimeSeriesResponse GetData(TimeSeriesRequest request) 
   {
      if (request == null)
      {
         throw new ArgumentNullException("request");
      }
      return request.GetResult();
   }
}

Hi @jacowlew,

While it is technically possible to do what you're asking for, this will likely constitute a breach of contract you have with Thomson Reuters. The data usage license you're granted as part of your Eikon subscription does not permit data redistribution to other consumers or systems running remotely. If this is what you need to do, I suggest you reach out to your Thomson Reuters account manager to discuss Thomson Reuters Enterprise products you can contract for that include the license to redistribute the data.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.