question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 4 6 7

Assistance on C# .Net technology

Thanks for the response to earlier query.

I just want to highlight my requirement clearly,

The scenario is, I want real time data of multiple securities continuously. So I will send multiple securities and their fields to Reuter on the starting of the day and I want updated data of mentioned fields on a continue basis till end of the day.

So as per the solution provided by developers community, I will send the multiple securities and fields in one single batch on the starting of the day and I want updated data of mentioned fields on a continue basis till end of the day.

Now below are my queries,

1. Does “StarterConsumer_BatchView” sample will fulfil above requirement.
  2. Do I Need to specify starting time and End Time so that I will get updated fields data in that time window only.
  3. In the “StarterConsumer_BatchView.cfg”, The list of fields mentioned like “\batchItemList1_ViewFIDs = "6,11,22,25,30,31,267"”. This means we are looking for the data of these fields for the securities specified in batch 1. But what is meaning of "6,11,22,25,30,31,267". Do you have any document which specify the number and respective Field name.
  4. Can I send the ISINS instead of Reuter Code in batch.
  5. Can I send Field name instead of number like "6,11,22,25,30,31,267".

Please help us with these queries.

treprfarfa-apic#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Yes, Starter Consumer for Batch should do what you are looking for. The application starts market data subscription when it starts and does not stop, until terminated; so start or stop time is not needed.

The FID to field name mapping can be found in RDMFieldDictionary in /etc directory.

ISIN or other security identifiers are not supported. Only RIC can be used in subscription requests.

The application can lookup field names and map it to FID numbers before making the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.