question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

How do i retrieve the current index constituents using Eikon API ?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Yes, you can also use AdxRtChain object to retrieve the constituents of an index chain.
I'm not sure which example you refer to, but I would expect you to receive an out of range exception if you try to access AdxRtChain.Data[0] because the enumeration returned by the Data property has a base of 1, not zero. In any case, if you're using Visual Studio you can easily examine the content within AdxRtChain.Data, and this should hopefully help you figure out how to extract the data from it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

You can use Dex2 COM library with the following parameters in RData object:

RData.InstrumentIDList = "Index(FT100)";

RData.FieldList = "TR.RIC";

For more details on using Dex2 COM library refer to the following tutorial:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/learning?content=804

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Thanks. I see that I can get the constituents using AdxRtChain, however I cant seem to extract the data from AdxRtChain.Data after the OnUpdate is triggered? AdxRtChain.Data[0] doesn't return anything which is essentially what the vb example does.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.