question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

PermId -> Status 429 (too many requests)

I'm getting this status (429) back when I hit https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/calais many times quickly in succession. How many requests per minute can I make?

permid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-taggingrequeststatus
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have assigned an owner to Eyal.Kenigsvain.

I have contacted CLF HelpDesk to answer the question.

@bob.shelton

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@bob.shelton Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@bob.shelton

According to the information from the product team, the registered users have two limitations:

1. A quota of 5000 requests per day
  2. A quota of one request per second

In your case, it could be the second limitation. If the client sends more than one request per second, it will get the error 429.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
101 1 0 1

Hi Bob, free accounts are allowed to upload up to 5,000 documents a day. If you exceed this quota in a minute that might be the issue. Do you know how many requests you issue?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thanks for the quick reply.

There is no way I am exceeding 5000 documents in a minute. Or in a day, for that matter. I'm still getting those 429s for about half, however. Could there be another issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai I'm also getting 429 responses back, but I'm also skeptical that I've hit the upper limit of 5000 requests/day since I'm only testing and by my estimates I've made maybe 500 requests tops - hard to know because I wasn't logging requests on my end during development as I assumed I'd never hit the limits. I'm definitely limiting calls to one per second at most.

Is there any place we can see a log of queries used by our API keys?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I've done some more testing and can verify that for whatever reason I'm getting 429 responses back after way fewer than 5000 requests (maybe 50 max).

Have the rate limits changed? Do I need a different API key (I'm using the same one I got for use with the Open Perm ID API)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.