For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Does the WebSocket API have any additional reference documentation?

The WebSocket API Developer Guide contains some great reference material, examples and message details used within the Websocket interface. However, there are some areas where I need more information. While I can puruse the examples and determine how functionality works, it would be useful to have such details documented. Things that standout that would be helpful.

• Is there anymore information around the service name or service ID?

When using other market data APIs, the developer can see the available services from the connected ADS. Is this information available programmatically?

• The examples utilize some kind of keep-alive protocol using ping messages.

When receiving a login response, I can see elements such as: ClientToServerPingInterval etc.

• What domains are supported?

The developer guide only references a few but it's not clear what is supported and the structure/request associated with each.

• The examples define that a subprotocol ("tr_json2") is required upon a connection. I don't see this documented anywhere.

Note: I'm not asking for the answers to these questions, but rather if there is or will be documentation that will answer questions like these.

elektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtodocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
493 4 2 4

The team will continue to incorporate more content into the documentation suite to help fill some of the gaps you have mentioned. The next version of documentation should contain many of the things you are asking about and we will upload it here when it becomes available, as well as include it in the distribution packages that are made available.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great. Thanks Brian.

Upvotes
0 0 0 0

Hi nick,

There is no more official documents for EWA except the documents in EWA package, I suggest you can try to find some documents about TREP or ADS, they may contains some more information about the service ID and domains.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.