For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

The WebSocket API doesn't always return the State information within a REFRESH

I noticed when requesting for market data using the WebSocket API, the REFRESH doesn't always include the State information. Specifically, if I submit a streaming request, which is the default, no State information is returned. However, I can see State details when I make a Non-streaming request.

Reading the documentation, it states:

"The state of the event stream when using the request/response with interest paradigm. All nonstreaming requests will contain a stream state of non-streaming."

It is not clear from this description if the above behavior is intentional. In fact, I'm not sure what the above is actually saying.

elektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtostatusrefresh
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
361 1 4 3

@nick.zincone.1

If the Refresh does not include the State, it can be assumed that the StreamState is "Open" and the DataState is "Ok". We will work to clarify the description.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Jim. Yes, I was already assuming Òpen and OK just wanted to confirm if this was intentional.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.