question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 12 13 18

Drop a SYMBOL_LIST from the ADH

I want to remove some items from an ADH cache.

• adhmon -removeItem is working fine for the MARKET_PRICE.
  • But it's not working with the SYMBOL_LIST.

When I use "-removeItem" against a SYMBOL_LIST named MyRic, I have this error message in the adh.log:

<xxxxx.gp.adh.2.sourceThread.serviceGenerator.XXXX: Info: 2017-05-23.14:46:14> Cannot remove item (MyRic MARKET_PRICE) as item does not exist.<END>

Any idea?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepsymbologyinfrastructureADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nicolas.roux

As per the warning message, it is trying to drop a MARKET_PRICE domain item MyRic because that is the default domain.

According to the ADH manual, you can specify a domain if you want to drop an item which is not MARKET_PRICE

adhmon -instance instance_ID [-removeItem [[routeName] serviceName] [\"]item_name[ D:domain\"]] | [-removeItems filename]

Note: If using the domain specifier with the item_name, the entire item_name and domain specifier (D:domain) must be encapsulated in quotes. If you're using a Unix type platform, be sure to escape the quote sequence, otherwise the Unix shell removes them when parsing the options. A space character separates the item_name and D:domain

I cannot test this at present so I cannot confirm if the Domain will be the name 'SYMBOL_LIST' or the numeric ID of '10'.

You can find further notes in the ADH Install guide section '17.3.6 Using adhmon to Drop Items'

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It's working perfectly fine. Thanks a lot!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.