question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 2

Setting Password in ADH Login Request to TREP Provider

I am working on a TREP ETA Interactive Provider with the understanding that we would use simple username/password authentication. I set this up in my Provider, modified an ETA example Consumer to send the password in its Login Request message, and this works, but the client cannot see in their ADH source route configuration any option to send a password. Is this supported by the ADH or must we use another method of authentication?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktrepinfrastructureADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
41 0 0 0

${node}*adh*${route}.route*userName : ${username}

${node}*adh*${route}.route*userPassword : ${password}

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @tbolbrock,

ETA Consumer example is authenticating with TREP (not the source/custom provider), therefore ADS, on login, checks against DACS and allows login to known permissioned users.

Provider should include with the provided item a DACS lock (DACS Library included with ETA allows generation of DACS Locks) and upon subscription, the ETA consumer will need to be permissioned for the item in order to subscribe.

I.e. do not believe that client/subscriber should be sending a password to source/provider.

Hope this explanation helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I think we need to drill down a bit more on the problem. If Timothy is building interactive provider and using the username and password features provided in the API, the question is how would an ADH connect to the provider when there isn’t a password variable in the cpd files for an ADH configured with a source route. Is it that the ADH doesn’t support that type of authentication or could it be an undocumented variable.

icon clock
10 |1500

Asked an expert: Joseph Miller

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.