question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

any working TRKD QuickStart perl script on Centos/Linux?

I get a trial ID today and after changing the 'APPLICATIONID/USERNAME/PASSWORD', I still cannot use 'Quotes.pl' from the TRKD Perl Quick Start package. I get a '500 SSL negotiation failed' error.

I looked at the ruby sample and there is a reference to a .pem file (which could be ruby specific code fix).

In short, I appreciate if someone can verify the perl script is good or not. Thanks.

rkd-apirkdperl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
206 1 2 2

I find same issue when I use ActiveState perl for windows (based on 5.24.1)

-- but using latest Strawberry perl (based on 5.26.0) seems to work fine

-- that suggests perl script itself is OK , just dependent on the environment its running in

I know you say Linux, not windows, but can you share details of your perl setup - are you up-to-date, including imported modules for soap and especially ssl ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Quite a bit has happened since then. TokenManagement.php works now after I get a new set of login/password. I am able to use JSON API's with perl too, so in a way my perl is not that broken -- but I think my script is using Socket::SSL indirectly, not Net::SSL

Only Quotes.pI doesn't work, and I did a 'cpan Net::SSL', which shows I have version 2.86. SOAP::Lite is 1.20. perl version is 5.16.3 (from Centos 7).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
121 1 0 0

Hi,

Sorry, this reply is not really meaningful for I don't have much to add. To repeat the earlier reply from my colleague Robin, I also installed latest Strawberry perl for windows (64 bit), entered the login information in the Quotes.pl script, ran the script in a command prompt and received good results.

We dont have much expertise in perl.

Thank You !

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.