question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Get information for refresh message for not defined field in ticker

I'm using RFA .net to do an marketPrice request to subscribe to ticker "EUR=" and field TRDPRC_1 (I'm filtering the fields using a view) . For the service that I subscribe, the field TRDPRC_1 is not defined for the ticker "EUR=" and I receive a refresh message, however it seems the payload message is empty. Knowing that I have to show a message to the final user, could you give me an example how to extract the information from the refresh message for this case?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Warat B.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @duarte.cunha,

When requesting for any valid instrument, you will always receive a refresh message, even if the view you specified contains fields that are not defined for that instrument. In your case, you have defined a view that contains TRDPRC_1 which is not defined for EUR=, thus your refresh message will be empty.

Based on the nature of the asset, which in your case is a foreign exchange instrument, the TRDPRC_1 is not defined. For price details for this asset, it will be carried in other fields such as PRIMACT_1 for example. It's unclear from your question whether you are looking for the fields that contain the price information or whether you are specifically looking to extract the TRDPRC_1 field. If the former, you will need to determine the price information for the specific asset type. It is not the same field for every instrument. If the latter, you will not be able to extract the TRDPRC_1 field as it is never included as part of this asset.

To better understand how to determine the asset types, you can refer the Using FID259 to identify your market data records article. That article refers to a useful tool called SpeedGuide which allows you to navigate through the market data fields. This will allow you to quickly view the fields which include price information.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.