question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Broke connection after one or two days

My program gets historical information and other information by used Eikon Comed. My program makes connection when it starts and waiting request from users to get some information. The probl\lem is after one or two days I have error of broken connection. And I have to autorize again. because thomson reuters broke my connection. Whi this happened? What do i do do solve this problem. May be to correct my progtam that every hour get information from reuters. And the next question is there day limit of requests for getting information from reuters?

eikoneikon-com-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @eikon74

You can monitor OnStatusChanged event of EikonDesktopDataAPI class for notification of connection status changes from your application to Eikon. When the connection breaks it would be helpful to know the value of EEikonStatus parameter returned to OnStatusChanged event handler. Alternatively you can get the value of EEikonStatus at any time by querying the Status property of EikonDesktopDataAPI object.

One scenario where the connection from your application to Eikon is expected to break is if Eikon closes for any reason. It could be due to normal Eikon termination by user or an abnormal termination due to say Eikon application crash. When Eikon closes OnStatusChanged event should be raised. However this creates a terminal state for your application. The only way to recover from this state is to restart your application process.

There's no time limit for how long your application can stay connected to Eikon and retrieve data from it. However on weekends we frequently push software updates, which result in Eikon being automatically closed. As I explained, this would create a terminal state for the connection between your application and Eikon. If what you experience is your application disconnects from Eikon due to Eikon auto-logoff, you need to workaround this by ensuring that your application shuts down before the start of Eikon auto-logoff window, and restarts after Eikon auto-logoff window lapses. The default Eikon auto-logoff window is Sunday 12am - 3am local time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

Please call Thomson Reuters Support Desk in Russia at +7 495 961 0111.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.