question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 6 5 11

Is there a possibility of not getting a reply for a RIC and not getting reply of status closed?

I'm querying a multiple chaniend RIC and the process gets stuck after sometime. However the statusMsg.state is not closed, How to validate if the reply was sent and if the status was closed for a RIC ?

My current logic is :

post the batch request and wait for the refreshMsg.status to be true or check statusMsg.state having "CLOSED" string in it.

Problem is that is does not receive the refreshMsg nor it obtains the status as closed. Can you please advise.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hello @sagar.s

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

For the RICs you provided, 0#1US+ and 1US1855V7, both return a refreshMsg with an Ok dataState (see below) when I request for each one individually. When you request for 0#1US+, it is a chain. EMA does not automatically expand chains and request the constituents on your behalf. You have to programmatically perform this task yourself.

If you are unfamiliar with chains and their processing, you can review Decoding Chains articles which goes into depths about how they are organized and processing recommendations.

RefreshMsg
    streamId="6"
    domain="MarketPrice Domain"
    Solicited
    RefreshComplete
    ClearCache
    state="Non-streaming / Ok / None / 'All is well'"
    itemGroup="00 00"
    permissionData="03 01 64 31 53 C0"
    qos="RealTime/TickByTick"
    seqNum="112"
    name="0#1US+"
    nameType="1"
    serviceId="356"
    serviceName="ELEKTRON_AD"
    Payload dataType="FieldList"

RefreshMsg
    streamId="6"
    Solicited
    RefreshComplete
    ClearCache
    state="Non-streaming / Ok / None / 'All is well'"
    itemGroup="00 00"
    permissionData="03 01 64 31 53 C0"
    qos="RealTime/TickByTick"
    seqNum="768"
    name="1US1855V7"
    nameType="1"
    serviceId="356"
    Payload dataType="FieldList"
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok - I see in your original question you are processing the chain (got confused with the spelling "chaniend" :-). In this case, I would turn on XmlTrace to see what you are receiving. Within your EmaConfig.xml, you can enable with this:

<XmlTraceToFile value="1"/>

You will see alot of initial output for your dictionary download.

Sorry about the typo. I'll try the XML trace option. I tested the string comparison case issue. It is not failing due to that. Thanks Nick!

Hello @sagar.s

EMA Java provides XmlTraceToStdout Consumer entry parameter to specify whether EMA traces its messages in XML format to stdout. Please set the parameter to 1 to turn on tracing to stdout. For example:

<Consumer>
  <Name value="Consumer_1"/>
  <XmlTraceToStdout value="1"/>
</Consumer>

Then, please attach the output so that we can know what message the application receives instead of refresh messages when the problem occurs.

Show more comments
Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @sagar.s,

Does your logic utilize the onStatusMsg() callback? If any of the items in your batch are invalid for example, you'll will not receive a refreshMsg with a status. You will receive a statusMsg indicating the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

It utilizes statusMsg.state().streamStateAsString().contains("CLOSED"). However, the RIC is valid.

Is there any other keywords I should be checking?

Should I reissue the RIC request if the above statusMsg is not received or if there is no status on refreshMSg?

Hi @sagar.s,

You should always receive something whether valid or invalid. Can you provide the RIC? Are you receiving a refreshMsg for this RIC?

For example, I have a RIC 0#1US+ . For the current run it doesn't get reply for 1US1855V7

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @sagar.s,

When an item is closed, your statusMsg looks like this:

StatusMsg
    streamId="6"
    state="Closed / Suspect / Not found / 'The record could not be found'"
    name="JUNK.TEST"
    nameType="1"
    serviceId="356"
StatusMsgEnd

Perhaps it could be a string comparison/case issue? You are looking specifically for "CLOSED". Can you provide us the output of what you are seeing?

icon clock
10 |1500

I do not think it is a string comparison issue. Since the issue is intermittent. Sometimes I receive all the chaned RICs reply. But sometimes it doesn't get a reply.

However, I can check change the string comparison to be case insensitive and test as well.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.