For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Cannot create case using API

Hi,

I have problem using WC1 API w/ issued (email-ed) API Key and secret. I can list top level groups, but I cannot create case (404 returned). Also, I cannot get 3rd level group information thru 2nd level group information. Top level group says it has children, but 2nd level group says it has no children actually it has.

I guess API Key/secret is assigned to a specific user. If so, issued API key is assigned to whom? I can login to WC1 Web app using an account issued by our local administrator. In the app, I can create and screen a case. So there might be another account that is assigned the API Key/secret.

I hope your help. Thanks.

world-checkworld-check-oneapiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3.1k 18 7 7
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
347 1 2 2

Hi @y-funatu ,

Are you using postman collection to create a case.if yes please update your group id in the environment variables as shown in the screen below.hope this helps.

screenshot2.jpg (195.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Thans for your reply.

However, Group ID seems to be updated. I am using Postman and c# program. In my own program, if I use sample (default postman setting) API Key/Secret and case system ID (made by postman), I can update a case, start screening, get result.

However, if I use my own API Key/secret and Group ID got by /groups Request, 404 returns. I guess the account bounded to API Key/secret must be assigned to the newly created group

Thanks..

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @y-funatu,

Please email me your client name and group and I'll take a look.

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Hi, I've heard that API Key/secret is not bounded to a specific user.

If so, API access using issued API Key/secret is quite 'free', should be able to access to all groups/cases in the enterprise. Is this correct?

And should I create a new Q&A entry once an answer is given?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Just conflicted. I will email later.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 0 2 4

Hi @brian.bourgault

I emailed you the information that you requested on behalf of the client. Please check and see if you can help us out. Thank you.

Shinichi

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.