question

Upvotes
Accepted
244 14 12 17

TinyIoCResolutionException in .NET TimeSeries API

We haven't seen this before, but recently under the Eikon .NET SDK 1.8.4 on Eikon 4.0.40, we're getting a 'TinyIoCResolutionException' when requesting 1 minute bar data for the current date. The problem is intermittent, occurring twice today for example while working fine at other times today.

Stack trace:

ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Ipc.IRawUdapService ---> ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.EikonBusException: Subscription did not succeed - Unable to subscribe to channel RawUdap/IRawUdapService/AddClient/False on bus UDAP
at ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.EikonBusSubscription..ctor(ISubscriberEx* nativeSubscriber, String channelName, IEikonBusListener callBack, Object userContext, String busName)
at ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.EikonBusDotNet.Subscribe(String channelName, IEikonBusListener callBack, Object userContext, Boolean freeThreaded)
at ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.BusAdapter.Channel..ctor(EikonBusDotNet eikonBus, String name, ChannelDirection direction)
at ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.BusAdapter.EikonBus.CreateChannel(String name, ChannelDirection direction)
at ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Ipc.MethodMarshaller..ctor(IEikonBus bus, String stubID, String interfaceName, String methodName, ProxyStubOptions proxyOrStub, Action`1 callBack)
at ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Ipc.ProxyStubBase.AddMethod(String methodName, ProxyStubOptions proxyOrStub, Action`1 callBack)
at ThomsonReuters.Eikon.Ipc.RawUdapServiceProxyImpl..ctor(IEikonBus bus, IRemotingServices proxyServices, IRemotingServices stubServices, String stubId, TimeSpan globalReceiveTimeout)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Bootstrapper.b__6(IIocContainer a, NamedParameterOverloads b)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.DelegateFactory.GetObject(Type requestedType, TinyIoCContainer container, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.DelegateFactory.GetObject(Type requestedType, TinyIoCContainer container, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.ResolveInternal(TypeRegistration registration, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.Resolve(Type resolveType)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.Resolve[ResolveType]()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.UdapService.Initialize(Action`1 connectionCallback)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.InternalDataServicesBase.InitializeAsync(String applicationCode, Action`1 connectionCallback)
at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.InternalDataServicesBase.Initialize(String applicationCode)
at ReutersLib.TimeSeriesReq.d__20`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ReutersLib.TimeSeriesReq.d__18`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

I am unable to replicate the issue. ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed 1.8.4 depends on ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed 2.10.5. Please make sure that the application loads the correct version.

From the problem statement, it happens randomly. To investigate the issue, I need to replicate the problem in my environment. Could you please share the workspace and project files? Therefore, I can build and run it in my environment.

Moreover, the exception is similar to the following questions:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
244 14 12 17

Thanks Jirapongse. Second link above has the fix. Not sure why it doesn't come up in search when I look for TinyIoCResolutionException.

icon clock
10 |1500

I found it by searching with the full class name: (ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.