Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 3

Pending approval

Since about a month I am trying to download the Eikon API Proxy Beta for Windows, but I am under a constant "pending approval" notice.

After uncountable calls to several TR's support departments/agents, they realised they do not know who is actually in charge of the approval. Ultimately, the Eikon Trading Advanced Support Executive addressed me here.

Specifically, it is unclear to them, and to me, what this "approval" process is. Am I just in queue for the incoming release or is there a separate approval process? In the former case, is there a schedule of the next release? (Weeks or months?)

I need the download quite soon, as I am in a planning phase right now and would like to assess if the proxy tool fits to my use case.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiproxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @unisa02,

Can you update whether this problem has been solved or not?

If so, is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

unisa02 avatar image   unisa02 Nipat Kunvutipongsak

No solution yet, still "pending approval"....

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @unisa02

FYI, Eikon API Proxy Beta for Windows and Mac was released for download from this portal today.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@iain.scott

@unisa02

Eikon Scripting APIs is limited access because it is in the beta program. For more information, please refer to this question. I have contacted the product manager to verify your request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

The linked answers says it is a beta program, not much of a surprise for something names Eikon API Proxy Beta. The problem is how the approval procedure works and why it takes so long.

@iain.scott

@Alex Putkov.

If you mean there is another link, please post it, as I am still under pending approval.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 3

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

@iain.scott

@Alex Putkov

@Nipat Kunvutipongsak

@imagechavalit.jintamalit

I confirm that I am under pending approval for the requested download. But I realised there is an extra link now with a new download, available for Windows only, which I am authorised to download. The "pending approval" tricked me and it should be definitely replaced with "superseded by new version", since there is no approval in process any more.

I am new here, where is the accept link/button, please?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.