For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 4

Dictionary of all symbols and services

As a developer who is not familiar with the finance symbols and service names and a newbie in retuers elektron, I wonder where I can get a list of all the symbols and their related service name,

Currently with the examples tested, I was able to retrieve currency info for EUR, USD from the he_dd service, while I was unable to predict how to get the currency info for (saudi riyal).

Or how I can get the market info ...

can you point me where I can gain this initial knowledge ..

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkfieldssymbologymarket-feed
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @H.H.. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @H.H.

Have you come across our RIC search tool?

RIC Search

For example, if I type in 'Saudi Riyal' and then click FX&Money I can see that SAR= for US Dollar/Saudi Arabian Riyal FX Spot Rate - amongst many others.

The same example code you may have used to consume EUR=, should be able to consume realtime market data for other asset classes e.g. VOD.L for Vodafone - assuming you are permissioned for the data at your site.

If you require more guided help regards identifying the correct data / content , please contact our Data helpdesk via the MyAccount page.

The service name for our consolidated Elektron data will be site specific and all the Elektron realtime data is often available under the single service name e.g. ELEKTRON_DD or IDN_RDF etc...Please speak to your Market Data team or Reuters Account Manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.