Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
18 1 1 4

Python API - is there an equivalent to Excel API RtGet() ?

Trying to get streaming broker quotes into Python instead of doing it via Excel - is there some subscribe mechanism like RtGet that would stream data / send events when new data comes? Thanks a lot,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirt-get
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
591 3 2 3

We don't have a streaming interface at the moment but this is something we plan to add in a future release.

Thanks

Iain

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alex314159

To add to the response from @iain.scott, in the meantime, if it's in your technology stack, you may want to look at existing Eikon COM or .NET APIs, both of which provide streaming market data retrieval capabilities. It's even possible to use Eikon COM API for streaming market data retrieval in Python, albeit not very elegant.

Alex thank you - do you have an example of using the COM API with Python? Particularly the name of the functions... I have experience with win32com but couldn't find clean documentation. Thanks!

Here's an example. Make sure to use 32-bit Python, as Eikon COM libraries are 32-bit.

adfinx-rt-demopytxt.zip

Show more comments
Upvotes
5 1 1 4

This is very important functionality for us and is currently a significant limitation as compared to the COM or .NET APIs so I'm glad that it's on the radar to bring the Python API up to feature parity.

Unfortunately the 32bit limitation really is a killer for us using the COM libraries so I'm hoping this functionality makes it into the Python API shortly...

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 1 3

Just came accross this question while looking for real-time data fetches with the API. As I'm also having quite many "Rtget" Feeds, will there also be an Interface for those in Q1 2018 release when real-time is supported?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 1 4

Hello, I've also been researching the question of getting streaming prices via the Python API (64bit), and it would be very useful for us. I would be grateful if you could include it soon as it doesn't seem that it made it into the Jan18 release. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 3 1 2

Hi Community,
regarding this .NET API, which one is that in particular?
This one: https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, this is the one. Since we're on this old thread that started back in 2017, it's worth noting that Eikon Data APIs Python library now supports retrieval of streaming market data. Please refer to "Streaming API - How to retrieve real-time streaming prices" tutorial for details.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.