question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 4 4 7

C# Wrapper of MRN C++ tutorial step 5

I have tested using Elektron EMA C++ to get MRN with yor tutorial step 5 example.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/elektron-sdk-cc/learning?content=8682&type=learning_material_item

It works fine for me. But our application is C#. Is there a C# Wrapper of MRN C++ tutorial step 5?

I find this one, It says, RFA (Robust Foundation API )

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-1/learning?content=9340&type=learning_material_item

Should I try the above? does it work the same way as C++ tutorial step 5 example?

If both answers are NO, What is the best way I can write a C# Wrapper?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++c#mrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@xli1997

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Both EMA C++ MRN tutorial (step 5) and RFA.NET MRN Tutorial demonstrate requesting and decoding Machine Reasable News (MRN) data.

If you are interested in processing Machine Readable News in C#, then I would go with RFA.NET and use as an example/reuse the relevant handling code from the RFA.NET MRN tutorial, rather then create a wrapper around either of these tutorials, which are intended to be used as examples, not as reusable libraries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
40 4 4 7

Thank you for recommending RFA. But RFA is based on

TREP, From API_conceptGuide, TREP, DataFeedDirect, and Elektron are 3 different Platforms. We are currently only available to Elektron Platform.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @xli1997 ,

You will be able to subscribe to Elektron using RFA.NET API.

Upvotes
40 4 4 7

Ok. That is good news. I will try RFA .NET API

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.