question

Upvotes
Accepted

SocialTag: constrict analytics of text

Hello, I'm testing text POSTs to https://api.thomsonreuters.com/permid/calais. The text I send contains some html tags and plenty of punctuation marks. I understand I could write some regex to pull out the tags and punctuation before POST, but I was asked to see if there is a way to pass in some switches to disregard html and punctuation in text analytics. If there are other possibilities, I'd love to hear about it. Thank you for your time!

intelligent-tagging-apiintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-tagging
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The issue is because of text containing html and punctualion, one of the Social Tags returned is "HTML" with importance 1 and another is "Punctuation" with importance 1. In a best case scenario for what we're thinking of doing, it would be best to constrict text analytics in a way to ignore html and punctuation.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
331 1 2 2

Hello,

You may try to use the header content-type=text/html and check the results.

Regards.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Eran, that fixed my issue :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.