Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
166 13 18 21

Eikon API with R: issue with timeseries

Hi,

A client is trying to retrieve time series with R through the Eikon API with the "eikonapir" package.

Time series of .SPX works perfectly fine, but the time series for Microsoft, Vodafone & IBM (as in the example) results in the following error:

I am not able to replicate this on my end. Any suggestions?

Your help is very much appreciated!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-data-api-rr-studio
eikonapir-error.jpg (46.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I also cannot reproduce this using R 3.3.3 on Windows. Which version of R does the client use?

Client has Rstudio version 1.0.136, R version is 3.3.2.

It would be interesting to set raw_output=TRUE, debug=TRUE in the request.

Hi @Joris.Hoendervangers. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Eikon API for R is not officially supported by Thomson Reuters, please liaise with the developer directly trough Github:

https://github.com/ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir/issues

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Got it, thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.