question

Upvotes
Accepted
32 4 10 13

Exception thrown after disposing RFA resource

I get the exception thrown (see attached file) when debugging my application in visual studio. It happens when I exit the application. What does it mean?

On dispose, I have invoked deactivate and destroy on eventqueuegroup, destroy ommconsumer, release session and Context.Uninitialized. Each call to cleanup resources doesn't trigger the exception, only during exit the debugger host process.

publisherreuterselektronvshost-000061a4-00007a40-2.txt

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Warat B.

Hi @s.tang

Which version are you using? Are you using the latest RFA .NET 8.1.0.L1?

yes, on 8.1.0.L1.

EDITED:

The attached log is generated with 8.0.1 version. I downloaded 8.1.0.L1 and has exception thrown as well on exit.

And does this exception occur if you run without debugger?

I got this more useful error after tearing down eventqueuegroup has been called when running without debugger.

[ERROR] Application encounter unhandled exception. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ThomsonReuters.RFA.Common.EventQueue.Destroy() at ThomsonReuters.RFA.Common.EventQueue.Dispose(Boolean A_0) Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ThomsonReuters.RFA.Common.EventQueue.Destroy() at ThomsonReuters.RFA.Common.EventQueue.Dispose(Boolean A_0)

i think it's to do with me mistakenly calling an extra Context.Initialize. I assume that is not good!

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32 4 10 13

Make sure each Context.Initialize is match to Context.Uninitialize while tearing down app

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.