question

Upvotes
Accepted
32 4 9 13

Throughput & latency testing

Hi,

I am experimenting with different RFA Consumer configurations, that is Callback model vs eventqueue usage, combining with Dual thread model and other settings. The aim is to improve handling large burst scenario. Is there a test tool/idea that can simulate RFA message burst to allow test of different configuration and setting?

treprfarfa-apiperformance
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @s.tang

Have you referred to the PerfTools folder of your RFA Dev Kit? And also the Perf Tools Guide pdf files that come with each RFA kit? i.e. RFANET OpenSourcePerfToolsGuide, RFAJ OpenSourcePerfToolsGuide or RFA OpenSourcePerfToolsGuide

So, for example you could connect you consumer app to the Perf Interactive Provider tool and configure the provider to send varying sizes of bursts of data.

If the above cannot provide the kind of test scenarios you require, then your Market Data team should also have access to some performance test tools that come packaged with the TREP components e.g. 'sink_driven_src'. If not, then they should be able to download these from our Customer Zone - I believe the package is called Infra Tools.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.